ESTRUCTURAS GRAMATICALES:PRESENTE PERFECTO Y VOZ PASIVA


Exercises 1
I. Translate the following sentences into Spanish and underline the verbs in the present perfect tense.
1. But I am an older woman who hasn’t spent her life “building a career”.
Pero soy una mujer mayor que no ha pasado su vida "construyendo una carrera".

2. I could live without it, but I’ve wanted it done for a long time. 
Podría vivir sin él, pero eh querido hacerlo por mucho tiempo.

3. I’ve heard it’s easier to get a job when you have a job. 
He oído que es más fácil conseguir un trabajo cuando tienes un trabajo.
II. Read the text again and underline the verbs in the present perfect tense.
Text 1
 Is It Easier to Get a Job When You Already Have One?
I have a job that I started six months ago. It’s not great. But I am an older woman who hasn’t spent her life “building a career” — in fact, I had a 17-year gap in my résumé — so I figured this might be my only chance at getting back into the workplace.
I enjoy the actual task that I do, and my employer values me. But I don’t like the hours or the conditions; I’m tired all the time and my paychecks are small. So now I’d like to find something better.
Recently, however, my insurance (which I get through my husband’s job) approved me for an elective, “cosmetic” surgery that should improve my quality of life. I could live without it, but I’ve wanted it done for a long time.
It seems jerky to ask for a six-week leave to have the surgery (which I’m not even sure would be approved), just to come back and quit. But if I quit before the surgery, will that make it harder to find new work? I’ve heard it’s easier to get a job when you have a job. And I faced so much silence in my earlier employment hunt.


Exercises 2. TEXT 2
I. Read the text about “How surveys are conducted” and underline verbs in the passive voice.
How surveys are conducted
A survey is a method of gathering information about a topic, a group of people or a specific area. Surveys are commonly used to collect information and opinions. If the survey is well-designed and conducted correctly, its results can be reliable and valid, and can offer an accurate picture of the surveyed population.
There are many steps involved in conducting a survey, depending on the kind of information that needs to be collected. In general, though, the purpose of the study, the required information, and the sample population are identified first. Then, the questions are developed and the method of gathering answers is determined. Once this is done, the survey is conducted, the data are collected and, finally, the findings are analyzed and reported.
Surveys are most commonly conducted through questionnaires. They can be used in telephone or face-to-face interviews, or completed and submitted by survey participants. In either case, strong knowledge of the surveyed topic is required to prepare good questions for the survey.


II. Translate the following sentences.
1. Surveys are commonly used to collect information and opinions. 
Las encuestas se usan comúnmente para recopilar información y opiniones.
2. Once this is done, the survey is conducted, the data are collected and, finally, the findings are analyzed and reported.
Una vez hecho esto, se realiza la encuesta, se recopilan los datos y, finalmente, los resultados se analizan e informan.
3. They can be used in telephone or face-to-face interviews, or completed and submitted by survey participants.
Se pueden usar en entrevistas telefónicas o cara a cara, o completar y enviar los participantes de la encuesta.
III. Change the following sentences into the passive voice.
1. The secretary typed this enquiry.
the enquiry was typed by a secretary
2. The factory distributes the goods to a retailer. 
The goods were distributed by the factory to a retailer.
3. The manager called their executives for an urgent meeting last Monday. 
The last Monday their executives was called of an urgent meeting by the manager.
4. My boss will introduce the new sales manager tomorrow morning. 
Tomorrow morning will introduce the new sales manager by my boss.
5. The company ordered three laptop computers for the accounting department.
For the accounting department was ordered three laptop computers by the company.

Comentarios